The weekend is here but is your suitcase ready? Sometimes the task of packing can make you want to just stay home. That doesn't have to be the case though. By keeping a few simple steps in mind, you can be packed and ready to hit the road right away.
PACKING LIST MUST-HAVES:
1. DAY & NIGHT ~ A foolproof way to start this task is by packing a couple of easy casuals and a double-duty dress. A low key chambray blouse can pair perfectly with your favorite chino shorts and also serve as a bathing suit cover up. Grab a chic straw fedora and print pair of espadrilles and you're set for an afternoon strolling the shops. When evening rolls around, trade your casual wear for a just as comfy striped dress that, when accented by a pretty pair of wedge sandals and a long pendant necklace, becomes the perfect choice for a night of summertime fun.
2. SUIT UP ~ Every beach getaway requires a suit. Happily it's not the boardroom variety. Choose your favorite style that leaves you feeling comfortable and confident. One of my favorite picks is a two-for-one reversible style. This will save you space while maximizing your options.
3. GREAT ACCESSORIES ~ These are an everyday must-have so, you definitely won't want to forget to pack them before you go. Nothing changes up your look like the addition of a fun and versatile scarf. With twenty plus ways to tie one, this must-have accessory covers everything from your head (think chic wrap scarf) to your waist (hello beach sarong), literally. Another favorite thing to have at my fingertips is a cute little card case. It is just what you'll want for times when a larger bag isn't needed. Tory Burch has this item covered. All you have to do is pick your color and get ready to adore it.
4. SUNSHINE ON A CLOUDY DAY ~ Whether rain or shine, I never leave home without my beloved sunnies. Sunny and cloudy days alike carry skin-damaging rays so, protecting your eyes is always a must. Oh, and with just so many pretty pairs to covet, the only potential problem is choosing just one. Which pair do you think is perfect for packing?
5. A GREAT BAG ~ Now that you have your essentials all picked out, it's time to pack them up in style. A long weekend getaway calls for a well-structured large tote . I love a roomy, updated version of the classic duffel bag like this one by bag aficionado, Tory Burch.
Time to hit your closet and get packing. Wishing you a wonderful holiday weekend!